Monday, February 7, 2011

A day for baking!

Today was nasty rainy, and I had a game night to go to (where dinner was provided) so I said I'd bring a chocolate dessert! Cookies from scratch, it is! This recipe is adapted from Toll House's recipe on the back of their chocolate chips. Each step will have a photo (follow my number system).

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
1 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 & 1/4 cups quick cooking oats (NOT instant, big difference)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp cocoa
1 cup (or 2 sticks) of butter (softened) - Set this out ahead of time so you don't have to carefully microwave it!
3/4 cup granulated sugar (white sugar)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar (mash it into the measuring cup... can be light or dark variety)
1 tsp vanilla extract (I use vanilla I bought on a cruise in Mexico, so it's double strength. I always cut it in half)
2 large eggs
2 cups (a 12 ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped nuts (I usually don't do this... to be honest I keep forgetting!)

Preheat the oven to bake at 375 degrees F.
Step 1: Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa into a small bowl.
Step 2: In a mixer, beat butter, sugars, and vanilla until creamy.
Step 3: Add eggs, one at a time, to the sugar/butter mixture, beating well after each.
Step 4: Gradually beat in flour mixture. (Add about 1/2 cup, mix well, then add more.)
Step 5: Stir in morsels by hand. I do about 1/2 cup at a time, and use a fork.
Step 6: Grease a 10x15" pan (cookie sheet).
Step 7: Spread the mixture out on the pan (I had to use my hands)
Step 8: Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on your oven. Don't overcook them. Cook them long enough for them to be set. Then cut into bars! YUM!
::Step 1::

 ::Step 2::



::Step 3::


::Step 4::


::Step 5::


::Step 6::

::Step 7::

::The End::

1 comment:

  1. Okay this looks so yummy! Random question, what kind of camera do you have? (this is Threemarie24 from TB)

    ReplyDelete