Thursday, January 6, 2011

So I'm going to be transparent...

Ok, so I want to show that I'm a completely honest person, and here's my proof.

My husband and I have done some thinking and neither of us can really put a finger on why WE chose to do this Daniel fast. It's almost as if we were going with the flow. I hate to think that we are stereotypical Christians that just do as the church tells us. In my opinion, if you're going to fast or give up something, it should be about your heart and not "Oh, well since everyone else is doing it, we should or we'll be left out." This was our reason for NOT doing it last year, but we gave in this year.

Anyway, all of this is to say that we won't be doing the fast anymore. We will be eating better, cutting back on the foods that affect my bad cholesterol, and also cutting back on pasta and other bad carbohydrates. We will be having brown rice instead of white, and when we do pasta, it will be whole wheat. We will also be incorporating a lot more vegetables into our diet.

Ok, so that was rough for me to admit, but I hate being fake. Fakeness is what is wrong with the world today. Thanks to all of you who read through this, it really means a lot! :)

My meals will hopefully start up again tomorrow, and we will end up postponing New Recipe day to Sunday and we just might be learning to make Hummus!!!

1 comment:

  1. I want to share with you all here on how I get my loan from Mr Benjamin who help me with a loan of 400,000.00 Euro to improve my business, It was easy and swift when i apply for the loan when things was getting rough with my business Mr Benjamin grant me loan without delay. here is Mr Benjamin email/whatsapp contact: +1 989-394-3740, 247officedept@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete